Welcome to Damla College
Damla College is an independent, nondenominational community and private partnership school offering a comprehensive curriculum for boys and girls which is established in January 2006. Damla College has an open door policy to families of all backgrounds.
The word ’Damla’ is a Turkish word meaning ’The Droplet’. A droplet represents knowledge, a thought. In time these droplets form a river of knowledge, enabling the individual embrace the life.
Our commitments are to:
- Create a non-denominational school environment that is conducive to learning,
- Provide a diverse and challenging curriculum that will meet the needs, interests and abilities of the students,
- Improve students’ confidence and appreciation of their identity,
- Enhance the students’ personal and academic achievements,
- Develop students’ discipline, moral values and social responsibilities,
- Educate students to be proud of their past and to look forward to their bright future,
- Train the students to become active participants in the society,
- Ensure close ties between the school, parents and the community,
- Educate students to care about all other human beings regardless of race, colour, gender or beliefs and respect their differences,
- Educate students to protect all other creatures and the universe as a whole.
The priorities of Damla College are to:
- Provide a curriculum, as diverse and challenging as possible, that will meet the needs, interests and abilities of every student
- Maximise the educational achievements of every student
- Provide a school environment that is conducive to learning
- Develop students’ personal, social, environmental and economic skills
- Train students to become active participants in our scientific and technological society
- Develop students’ appreciation and involvement in the performing and creative arts and strengthen their concern for people, cultures and the natural environment
- Develop students’ discipline, moral values and social responsibility
- Ensure close ties between the school, parents and the local community
- Foster in our students an understanding and appreciation of their identity